Summary About the Study Program
MSI UII is one of the postgraduate programs (S2) under Universitas Islam Indonesia The program has a commitment toward accomplishment of Risalah Islamiyah in education, research, public service and Islamic Dakwah as the four obligations of UII.
MSI UII established in 1997/1998 academic year. Legal and operational licenses are pursuant to:
- The Decree of General Director of Institutional Guidance of Islam No. E/131/1997 concerning Operational License of Executing MSI program in Universitas Islam Indonesia at June 26, 1996;
- The Decree of Minister of Religious Affairs, Republic of Indonesia No. 805/1997 concerning the establishment of Magister of Islamic Studies program in the post graduate program Universitas Islam Indonesia Yogyakarta;
- The Decree of Badan Wakaf Universitas Islam Indonesia No. 08.A of 1997 concerning the establishment of Magister of Islamic Studies program in Universitas Islam Indonesia.
- The quality assurance of this program is obtained from National Accreditation Board for Higher Education as follows:
- In 2000, the program has been awarded Excellent Accreditation by National Accreditation Board for Higher Education Minister of National Education with the Decree No. 025/BAN-PT/Ak-1/S2/IX/2000;
- In 2005, it has been able to maintain the predicate “Excellence” (Grade A = Highly Satisfactory) on the basis of the Decree of National Accreditation Board for Higher Education Minister of National Education No. 011/BAN-PT/Ak-IV/S2/XII/2005;
- The Journal of the Program “Millah” for Islamic Studies, published since 2000, also obtained Accreditation A pursuant to the Decree of General Director of Higher Education No. 39/DIKTI/Kep/2004.
Assalamu’alaikum Wr. Wb.
- One of the efforts to challenge the rapid development of science, technology and information is through preparing human resources who have high expertise and integrity. Universitas Islam Indonesia (read: UII) as one of higher education institutions is obliged to provide the resources. Concerning the obligation, Master of Islamic Studies, part of the postgraduate programs Universitas Islam Indonesia, takes an important role to prepare the human resources who are expert on the fields of Islamic Economics, Islamic Education, Islamic Research and Shari’ah Business Law.
- Master of Islamic Studies (read: MSI UII) established firstly two main concentrations namely Islamic Economics and Islamic Education in 1997/1998 academic year; whereas Islamic Research and Shari’ah Business Law concentrations were launched since 2005/2006 academic year. Islamic research is opened because of a rapid society’s dynamics that requires a sophisticated instrument, i.e. research. This concentration is also to prepare human resources, who are highly qualified and professional. The concentration of Shari’ah Business Law is to accommodate the society’s needs, that is, the issue of the new Act No 3 of 2006 pursuant to the Revision of the Act No 7 of 1989 concerning Religious Courts, which provide a new authority toward the Courts to settle Shari’ah economic disputes.
- The profile of the program is used as a medium of information for university and public to present in detail about Master of Islamic Studies, concerning how its management and how its building planning to attain vision and mission. This profile is also to indicate how the advancement of the program. We print it within three languages (English, Arabic, and Indonesian) to cope with long and short term planning of development. We realize that this profile cannot provide complete information, especially on administrative elements. As a description of the program existing in the society, however, we consider that it is representative enough.
- We hope supports and participation of all parties in order that the vision and mission of the program are able to attain successfully, amen.
Wassalamu’alaikum Wr. Wb.